What is the Verida Client SDK?
The Verida Client SDK is an open source implementation of a Verida network client providing encrypted storage, identity, messaging, and schemas capabilities. It is an easy-to-use library that abstracts the complexities behind these capabilities, thereby allowing developers to build self-sovereign applications.
This Verida Client SDK is the main library used by developers to add Verida protocol support into an application. There are two implementations for the Client SDK:
- NodeJs Client — A package that can be used in a web browser or NodeJs environment.
- React Native client — A package that can be used in React Native mobile applications (Learn more).
The Client SDK provides the following core capabilities:
- Authenticate a user via a known private key or a Web3 modal popup
- Access encrypted database storage for your application for the authenticated user
- Send / receive messages between different users and applications
A user can have multiple Application Contexts that provide completely separate databases, messaging and storage.